Mobile apps increase productivity and extend the reach of instruction tremendously. Many of the technologies covered in EmTechWIKI offer mobile apps.
Go to the #EmTechWIKI Discover page, choose the appropriate module, and then select a tool or resource to explore by clicking Mobile Apps in the Category field. Then choose option #1 or #2 below.
Option 1: Explore Mobile Apps
- Reflect on how the tool or resource that you selected could be useful to you in your life (e.g., school, work, etc.).
- Post a reflection about this in your ePortfolio.
- Provide a link to the tool or resource that you reviewed in your ePortfolio.
Option 2: Identify a Practical Use of a Mobile App
- Go to your smartphone’s App Store (or Play Store) to explore free and inexpensive apps that you may wish to try. While using an app, take a screenshot (also known as a screengrab) showcasing one of the most notable functions of the tool. If you are unfamiliar with how to take a screenshot on your device, please search how to do so in Google (ex. How do I take a screenshot with an iPhone?).
- What are the pros and cons of the app? How could it be useful to you in your life (e.g., school, work, etc.)? Would you recommend using the app? Why or why not? Post this to the discussion board for the module you are working on.
- Add a reflection into your ePortfolio about your discoveries. Embed your screenshot into your ePortfolio.
If you are enrolled in the MOOC, remember to return to “Activities and Discussion Prompt” to complete that Module. Here is a link back to #EmTechMOOC in Coursera.