Finding, experimenting with, and evaluating new technologies are essential 21st century skills. As part of this evaluation, users must decide whether a tool meets their needs for creating, organizing, communicating, and/or problem-solving.
Go to the #EmTechWIKI Discover page, select the appropriate module, and then select a tool or resource by choosing Productivity Tools in the Category field. Then choose option #1 or #2 below.
Option 1: Explore Organization and Time Management Tools and Creating a Calendar
- Create a calendar for yourself or utilize some other type of time-management tool.
- Reflect on how this kind of tool might impact your life (e.g., school, work, etc.). Do you find yourself struggling with organization your everyday life? Can you see yourself using this tool again, and if so, how? Does a digital calendar make things easier for you or do you find it unnecessary?
- Embed or link the item you created as an artifact in your ePortfolio. If you prefer to not publically share the item you developed, upload an image to your ePortfolio with your personal details blurred or blocked out.
Option 2: Create a work using a Productivity Tool
- Create a document, poll, survey, website, or any other kind of file that encourages collaboration.
- Make the work public and share it with another colleague.
- Reflect on how this kind of tool might impact your life (e.g., school, work, etc.). Were there advantages or disadvantages to the tool? Can you see yourself using this tool again, and if so, how?
- Embed or link your work as an artifact in your ePortfolio.
If you are enrolled in the MOOC, remember to return to the “Discussion Prompt” to complete that Module. Here is a link back to #EmTechMOOC in Coursera.