Using video in learning stems from the idea that all humans have learning styles that are exhibited clearly through the strengths of their one or more multiple intelligences. Howard Gardner’s studies have argued that humans may display strengths in one or more of several intelligences (e.g., visual-spatial, kinesthetic, musical, interpersonal).
Go to the #EmTechWIKI Discover page, select the appropriate module, and then select a tool or resource by choosing Video in the Category field.
Option 1: Explore a Video Sharing Website
- Why did you choose the resource that you did? Can you see any features or components of the tool that would be useful if they were applied to learning and collaboration?
- Add a reflection about your discoveries into your ePortfolio.
- Link the video sharing site you have found as an artifact in your ePortfolio.
Option 2: Create a Video
- Create a video using the tool that you selected. Alternatively, upload some audio/visual content that you already have onto a video hosting service.
- How does the use of this form of media facilitate communication?
- Add an entry about your discoveries to your ePortfolio.
- Embed your video in your ePortfolio.
If you are enrolled in the MOOC, remember to return to the “Discussion Prompt” to complete that Module. Here is a link back to #EmTechMOOC in Coursera.