Blogs and wikis are just websites, but they are typically much more collaborative in design and purpose. They both provide “easy, quick” online publishing venues or writing spaces.
Go to #EmTechWIKI Discover page, select the appropriate module, and then select a tool or resource you would like to explore by choosing Blogs and Wikis in the Category field. Then choose either option #1 or #2 below.
Option 1: Explore Educational Wikis and Blogs
- You may also choose to instead select a Blog or Wiki that you discover through social media, information from leaders within your field of interest, or even through your professional organizations.
- Reflect on how this might impact your life (e.g., school, work, etc.). Can you see yourself referring to this blog, tool, or resource again? If so, how?
- Add a reflection into your ePortfolio and remember to embed or link to the Blog or Wiki that you explored.
Option 2: Publish Your Own Blog or Wiki
- Create your own Blog or Wiki. The goal of your Blog or Wiki may be to:
- Collaborate with a group of colleagues who are co-authoring a paper
- Initiate a grant proposal
- House information for a project
- Facilitate your students’ building course content
- Extend your own voice in a new learning community
- Reflect on how the Blog or Wiki that you created is relevant to your life (e.g., school, work, etc.).
- Add a reflection into your ePortfolio and remember to embed or link to the Blog or Wiki that you created.
If you are enrolled in the MOOC, remember to return to the “Discussion Prompt” to complete that Module. Here is a link back to #EmTechMOOC in Coursera.